Date: 30th September 2021
Time: 5pm – 6:30pm
Event Information: £1bn has been lost by investors in Woodford. The FCA has spent more than two years investigating what went wrong and has still not published any findings. It has, however, produced new guidance for Authorised Fund Managers, the role that Link was supposed to do and allegedly failed to do. There are 4 legal claims being pursued: 2 against Link and 2 against Link and Hargreaves Lansdown. ShareSoc has endorsed the Leigh Day claim against Link in respect of WEIF investors.
- What happens next?
- Can I reclaim my losses?
- Which claim should I join?
- Will Woodford be sued/ prosecuted/ fined/ held to account?
- Can this happen again?
- What really went wrong?
- What is changing/has changed to stop it happening again?
These and other questions will be addressed in our webinar on September 30th, which will include a Q&A session with the speakers, chaired by ShareSoc Chair, Mark Northway.
Who should attend?
- Investors in Woodford Equity Income Fund (WEIF)
- Investors in other Woodford funds and Hargreaves Multi-Manager Funds (these invested in WEIF)
- Investors in funds wanting to understand more about how funds work and how they can go wrong
- Financial advisers
Keynote Speaker – Jeff Prestridge, Personal Finance Editor, The Mail on Sunday
Alan Miller – Co-Founder with Gina Miller, True and Fair Campaign
Cliff Weight – ShareSoc Woodford Campaign Director
Boz Michalowska – Partner, Head of Product Safety & Consumer Law, Leigh Day
This is a 3 step process:
1) Log in to your ShareSoc account or Join the Woodford Campaign
2) Click ‘Submit’ on the form below
3) Click on the link on the next page to register with Zoom to COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION and then use the ‘Add Calendar’ link to save the joining details
Once you have registered fully with Zoom you will receive an email notification, as well as reminders 1 day and 1 hour before the event starts.