CAREERS AT SHARESOC
At ShareSoc, we believe that our strength lies in our team, a dynamic group of professionals passionate about the financial market and committed to empowering investors. Our collaborative environment is designed to nurture talent, encourage innovation, and drive excellence.
As we continue to grow, we are on the lookout for individuals who share our vision of a fair and inclusive investment landscape. A role at ShareSoc offers the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the investment community.
Join us, and be a part of shaping the future of individual investing in the UK.
- Contribute to the Board’s task of setting and implementing the organisation’s direction and strategy.
- Represent ShareSoc’s aims and policies to the outside world.
- Contribute effectively, objectively, impartially and efficiently to Board and Committee meetings
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an operational framework to support the organisation’s continued growth.
- Ensure that the Board monitors performance and sets direction in an effective way and satisfies itself that appropriate action is taken to remedy problems as they arise.
- Be a champion for all the members and work with the Board to further craft and shape a vision of ShareSoc for the future, which is compelling, ambitious and realisable.
- Be a passionate advocate for and practitioner of the highest standards of corporate governance
Preparation for and attendance at 6 bi-monthly Board meetings and one AGM per year. There is also the opportunity to be involved in committee work.
Non-Executive Director positions are not remunerated; expenses will be paid in line with ShareSoc expenses policy.
Your appointment as Non-Executive Director is for an initial period ending on the date of the next Annual General Meeting and thereafter renewed on a rolling annual basis by mutual agreement, subject to the further agreement of the members of the Company at each Annual General Meeting*.
Candidates’ professional backgrounds should contain several of the following characteristics:-
- A proven track record as a Director within a robust and complex commercial environment.
- First-hand investment knowledge across FTSE and AIM stocks, investment trusts and mutual funds, either as a Fund Manager or Personal Investor.
- Experience of dealing with senior industry and government representatives.
- Experience in a campaigning organisation.
- Experience of growing a Membership Organisation.
- Good IT/Tech skills.
- Legal or marketing experience.
- Passionate advocate of individual investing and for individual investors
- Independence of thought and sound judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a steady and calm demeanour.
- Values discretion and confidentiality.
- Gravitas, commands respect and able to listen and build unity in a Boardroom context.
- A strong advocate of encouraging enterprise and entrepreneurialism.
- ShareSoc is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace. Applications are encouraged from all representative groups. Applications will be considered, and appointments made solely on merit.
Benefits to you
Being a member of the ShareSoc board will give you the opportunity to improve the investment experience of millions of UK investors as well as exceptional networking opportunities, allowing you to connect with professionals, stakeholders, and influencers across the financial markets and government/regulatory bodies.
*Note: ShareSoc’s present articles require every board member to stand for re-election at every AGM. Our expectation is that each board member will commit to a minimum 2 years of service. Since ShareSoc was formed, none of its directors has been voted off the board by the members.
The recruitment process is being led by the ShareSoc Nomination Committee
Closing date for applications is 17:00hrs, 24/11/2023.
Interviews with ShareSoc: TBA
If you are interested in this role and feel that you meet the criteria outlined above, please apply by email to email@example.com and attach your CV.