OBJECTS – OUR MISSION STATEMENT
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON THE UK INDIVIDUAL SHAREHOLDERS SOCIETY
The objects of ShareSoc which were adopted upon formation of the organisation are as follows (this is an abbreviated summary of the objects as contained in the Articles of Assocation):
- to improve the investment performance of members;
- to protect the value of members’ investments;
- to represent the interests of private investors to public bodies and companies;
- to promote direct investment in the stock market;
- to support the principles of good corporate governance;
- to ensure equal treatment for all shareholders;
- to enhance the performance of companies;
- to promote financial education at all levels;
- to cover certain listed companies with our own reports;
- to provide networking and communications facilities for investors;
- to provide news via newsletters, a web site, and other media to investors.
SUPPORTING INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS
Our aim is to support and represent individuals who invest directly in the shares of publicly listed companies.