Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions that apply to use of this web site (and any others maintained or controlled by ShareSoc), and in relation to membership or associate membership of ShareSoc, and your legal obligations thereunder.
- This web site and all material on it (unless otherwise specified) is owned by the UK Individual Shareholders Society Ltd (“ShareSoc”), a company limited by guarantee and registered in England – Registration Number 7503076 . This is a “not for profit” organisation controlled by the members of the organisation, and funded by membership fees and donations. For the objects of the society, go to: Objects. The UK Individual Shareholders Society Ltd operates under the trading name of “ShareSoc”. Please refer to the Contact page for the business address and other contact information for the UK Individual Shareholders Society.
- “ShareSoc” is a registered trade mark and “UK Individual Shareholders Society” is a trade mark of the UK Individual Shareholders Society Ltd. Other products or service names mentioned on our site may be the trade marks of their respective owners. Note that “UKISS” is sometimes used mistakenly to refer to us but “ShareSoc” should always be used in preference.
- All material on this web site is copyright of ShareSoc unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved and any material on this web site must not be reproduced or distributed in any form or incorporated into other work without the written permission of ShareSoc and/or of any other copyright owner. All requests for rights to use any of the material should be submitted to ShareSoc via email using the address given on the “Contact” page. Permission is however granted for use of any material on this web site that is owned by ShareSoc for any non-commercial purpose including educational or news reporting purposes so long as an acknowledgement of the source is given which mentions “ShareSoc” or the “UK Individual Shareholders Society”.
- No warranty is given by ShareSoc as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this web site. Any information provided is accurate and up to date so far as ShareSoc is aware, but any errors herein should be referred to ShareSoc for correction. The information, services and data published on this web site are intended for general information only and should not be construed as advice under the UK’s Financial Services Acts or other applicable laws.
- ShareSoc is not authorised to give investment advice, and is not regulated by any Regulatory Authority, and nor does it seek to give such advice. Any actions you may take as a result of any information or advice contained on this web site or otherwise supplied to you by ShareSoc should be verified with third parties such as legal or other professional advisors and is used solely at your own risk.
- You are reminded that investment in the stock market carries substantial risks and share prices can go down as well as up. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future performance.
Third Party Information and Services
- This web site or other information provided to you by ShareSoc may contain links to other third party web sites and services. ShareSoc is not responsible for the operations of these web sites, and provides no warranty as to the information or services provided therein. This web site may also contain advertising material that is the sole responsibility of the advertisers.
- No warranty is given by ShareSoc as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information provided in presentations to investors by companies or by ShareSoc representatives in seminars or other meetings organised or sponsored by ShareSoc. The information given in such meetings is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute investment, legal, tax or other advice or any recommendation to buy, or sell, or otherwise transact in the shares of the companies presenting. Prospective investors should take appropriate professional advice before making any investment decision, or undertake their own further research.
- Any personal information that you submit to ShareSoc will be kept and treated as confidential and will normally only be used by ShareSoc for internal purposes and for communicating with you, and otherwise as required by UK data protection legislation. Otherwise we will not sell, rent, lease, or give away your personal information, including email addresses, to others, except where disclosure is required by law, or you have indicated that you wish such information to be in the public domain. If at any time you require any personal information such as an email address to be removed from our records indicating that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us then we will do this upon receipt of an email from the relevant address, or some other evidence that you are the owner of the address.
- Note that some systems used by ShareSoc to communicate with you may be based outside of Europe and you accept by using this or our associated web sites that such transfers may take place.
- We may provide information to you on third party services or products that may be of interest to you but you can opt out of receiving such communications by advising us accordingly.
- Our main web site uses Google Analytics to collect some information about how visitors use the web site and trends in visitor numbers, and that software does store a “cookie” (a small data file) on your computer. There is no personal data collected about how you use the web site. Cookies are also used in the ShareSoc Members Network web site which is run by a third party. You can block cookies by altering the settings in your web browser, or remove existing ones.
Contributed Information and Forums
- Any information that you submit to ShareSoc may be published by ShareSoc and may be edited before publication at our absolute discretion, unless you specifically advise otherwise. By submitting such information to us you grant us full copyright in the material so supplied and in any derivative works that may arise as a result of our use of such material. You warrant that you have the right to grant such rights.
- You will not use any discussion forums or bulletin boards maintained by ShareSoc (as part of this site or otherwise), to promote (i.e. “puff) or denigrate companies, to promote other investments or publish inaccurate or defamatory material. You will use such services for legal purposes alone and ShareSoc reserves the right to remove such material or terminate your membership of ShareSoc if such usage is brought to our attention in respect of your use of the web site or ShareSoc services.
- You accept that ShareSoc does not monitor nor control information placed on forums or bulletin boards by contributors and that you must use your own judgement about the accuracy of that information and the reliance you place on it.
- Full membership grants you statutory membership of ShareSoc including the right to attend and vote at General Meetings of the Company (see the Articles of Association and general UK company law as defined in the Companies Act for more details). Associate Membership is free of charge (unless paper versions of newsletters are required) but does not give you statutory membership of ShareSoc. Any membership fees that have been paid to cover future periods are non-refundable if membership is cancelled, except at the discretion of ShareSoc. ShareSoc reserves the right to change membership fee rates and the terms and conditions that apply to membership without notice.
- Note that ShareSoc includes standard rate UK Valued Added Tax (“VAT”) on certain services including membership fees. Our VAT Registration Number is GB 109 9122 18. A VAT invoice can be supplied upon request.
Waiver of Liability
- By using this web site, you accept that ShareSoc will not be liable in respect of any damage, expense or loss whether direct, indirect or consequential that you may suffer arising out the use of information on this web site (or otherwise supplied by ShareSoc) or any reliance you place thereon.
- Additional terms and conditions apply to competitions and prize draws that are promoted by ShareSoc – refer to this web page
Jurisdiction and Amendments
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed by English law and the English courts will have sole jurisdiction in relation to any disputes that may arise from use of this web site or from membership of ShareSoc. These terms and conditions may be varied at any time at the discretion of ShareSoc.
Last Revised 6/Mar/2017