Please sign the petition, asking issuers to include retail investors when issuing shares, if you have not already done so. See
The petition already has over 1,000 signatures.
- Mark Northway, Chairman, ShareSoc
- Lord Lee of Trafford DL FCA House of Lords
- Adam McConkey, Chairman, Quoted Companies Alliance
- Sarah Wilson, CEO, Minerva Analytics Ltd
- Andy Bell, Founder & CEO AJ Bell
- Peter Hargreaves, Founder Hargreaves Lansdown
- Paul Killik, Senior Executive Officer, Killik & Co
- Gavin Oldham OBE, Chairman Share plc/The Share Centre
- Richard Wilson, CEO Interactive Investor
- Martin Gilbert FRSE
- Kevin Parry, Chairman Royal London
- Sir Brian Williamson, former Director NYSE Euronext
- Greg Bennett, Former Head of Capital Markets Fidelity International
- Nigel Wray, Entrepeneur
- Anne Richards, CEO Fidelity International
- Andy Brough, Fund Manager Schroders
- Adrian Collins, former Chairman Liontrust Asset Management plc
- Adam Dodds, CEO at Freetrade
- Nick Finegold, Founder Curationcorp.com
- John de Blocq van Kuffeler, CEO Non-Standard Finance plc
- Brian Mattingley, Chairman 888 Holdings
- Nigel Morris, CEO Solid Solutions
- Simon Raggett, CEO Strand Hanson
- Richard Watts, Fund Manager Merian Global Investors
- Gervais Williams, Head of Equities Premier Miton Investors
- Anand Sambasivan, CEO & James Deal, COO PrimaryBid
This was written up well in the Times and the FT:
https://www.ft.com/content/b9255dab-385d-4182-8c44-200948bfaae2 Bypass retail investors at your peril. Technology means small shareholders need not — and should not — be excluded from emergency equity fundraisings, by MERRYN SOMERSET WEBB
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/city-chiefs-demand-fair-shares-for-equity-raises-hr9fhzzb8 City chiefs demand fair shares in equity fundraisings – Private investors miss out after rights are flouted
Merryn Somerset Webb, who is editor-in-chief of MoneyWeek and a NED of the Baillie Gifford Shin Nippon Trust, the Montanaro European Smaller Companies Trust, and the Murray Income Investment Trust, concluded “Given that technology is making this possible — and there are other companies working on it too — all share issues, crisis or not, should include the offering of pre-emption rights to existing shareholders, big and small, retail and institutional. No arguments.” I could not have put it better myself.
Please sign the petition now, if you have not done so already.
Please also email it to others, tweet it, facebook, Instagram and YouTube it, and post about it on LinkedIn.
Cliff Weight, Director ShareSoc
I have signed the petition and shared it using my Twitter and Facebook accounts.