Legal claims from Leigh Day and Harcus Parker merge. Joining forces moves the WEIF claim forward faster.
Date: 19th July 2022
Registration: Click here
- Baroness Altmann is our headline speaker. Baroness Altmann, the former Pensions Minister at the Department for Work and Pensions, is a leading UK pensions expert, and political campaigner, politically independent, championing ordinary people and social justice. She will give her views on the Woodford failures and the implications for people’s income in retirement when they lose a large part of their investment portfolio.
- Robin Powell will give his assessment of what went wrong and provide an update on the latest developments
- A lawyer from Leigh Day will review the legal case against Link, the application for a Group Litigation Order (GLO) and the next steps. These will include statements of case, disclosure, expert evidence, negotiation, case preparation, settlement or case trial, and the deadline for signing up.
- Cliff Weight, ShareSoc Woodford Campaign will review the 4 legal claims ongoing (and their merits), and the potential for other claims
- Q&A – Panel
Event Information: £1bn of savings were lost by investors in the Woodford Equity Income Fund. The FCA has spent more than three years investigating what went wrong and has still not published any findings. It has, however, produced new guidance for Authorised Fund Managers, the role that Link was supposed to do and allegedly failed to do. There are at least 4 legal claims being pursued: 2 against Link and 2 against Link and Hargreaves Lansdown. ShareSoc has endorsed the Leigh Day claim against Link in respect of WEIF investors.
These and other questions will be addressed in our webinar on July 19th, which will include a Q&A session with the speakers, chaired by ShareSoc Director, Mark Northway.
• What happens next?
• Can I reclaim my losses?
• Which claim should I join?
• Will Woodford be sued/ prosecuted/ fined/ held to account?
• Can this happen again?
• What really went wrong?
• What is changing/has changed to stop it happening again?
Who should attend?
• Investors in Woodford Equity Income Fund (WEIF)
• Investors in other Woodford funds and Hargreaves Multi-Manager Funds (these invested in WEIF)
• Investors in funds wanting to understand more about how funds work and how they can go wrong
• Financial advisers
- Baroness Altmann Member of the House of Lords and former Pensions Minister
- Cliff Weight – ShareSoc Woodford Campaign Director
- Robin Powell, Editor, The Evidence-Based Investor
- Meriel Hodgson-Teall, Solicitor, Leigh Day
If already a member of ShareSoc please log in prior to registering, then just click “REGISTER” below. If not already a member of ShareSoc, please complete your details below to register then click “REGISTER”. This will ensure you always receive updates from the ShareSoc Woodford Campaign and grant you Associate (free) membership of ShareSoc.
Click here for help on logging in.
Once you have registered you will receive an email notification, as well as reminders 1 day and 1 hour before the event starts.