1. Leigh Day achieved a significant legal milestone and submitted their court proceedings against Link on 27 September. Leigh Day will shortly be submitting their particulars of claim, which is the next key milestone in the legal process.
2. ShareSoc is planning a free webinar “Woodford – Real Progress” to update everyone on the latest progress on the claim, and news about regulation, retribution and redress. Please reserve the date - 28 June at 6pm. Further details will be sent out in ...
ShareSoc director Cliff Weight is quoted in this article by Investment Week. Journalist James Baxter-Derrington asks why hundreds of thousands of investors in Woodford are still waiting for something from the FCA. (Subscription may be required)
1. Leigh Day achieved a significant legal milestone and submitted their court proceedings against Link on 27 September.
2. 942 people registered for ShareSoc’s “Woodford: What Happens Next” webinar with 684 attending. This was our biggest webinar ever and possibly the biggest webinar of its kind.
3. Exclusive Special Offer for Campaign members (which came with free ShareSoc Associate membership). You can now Upgrade to FULL Membership, allowing you to watch recordings of Woodford webinars including “What Happens Next” and “What Went Wrong”. ...
This is an official ShareSoc News Item written by ShareSoc Director Cliff Weight.
942 registered for ShareSoc’s webinar with 684 attending. Wow! Our biggest webinar ever and possibly the biggest webinar of its kind.
Also, we now have 1,465 members of our Woodford Campaign. With these sorts of numbers we can pack much more of a punch with the FCA, Government and Hargreaves Lansdown. The Campaign has socially responsible aims of making the investment world a better place. It very much fits in ...
Jeff Prestridge extensively covers the ShareSoc "Woodford: What Happens Next webinar", attended by nearly 700 people. Specifically mentioning ShareSoc's endorsement of the Leigh Day claim as well as Alan Miller's excoriating analysis of Link's poor oversight of the Woodford fund.
Click here to read the article.
Investment Week covered our event on Woodford and published a summary of the Q&A with Leigh Day's Boz Michalowska. Click here to read more.
Leigh Day issued court proceedings against Link on Monday 27 September 2021.
This is a huge step forward in getting compensation for the many thousands of unfortunates who lost money in Woodford’s WEIF funds. Leigh Day’s issuing of proceedings is a big milestone.
We are concerned, however, that roughly only 5-10% of the 270,000 or so investors seem to have joined any claim so far. We urge all WEIF investors to join a claim. We believe that Leigh Day are streets ahead of ...