1. ShareSoc and Mello Events will present a free event, Woodford Debacle – Reflections, Redress and Reform from 6pm to 8.30pm on 9th March. We will review in detail what went wrong with Woodford, the various claims for redress and what steps investors should take, including how to claim.
2. ShareSoc’s Press Release of 6 February formally launched our Campaign just before Neil Woodford announced his “apology” and his return to fund management.
3. Leigh Day, whose claim ShareSoc has endorsed, has secured claim funding and costs insurance, appointed David Standard to lead its marketing campaign and Louise Ahuja to lead its PR.
4. Leigh Day has launched a major marketing campaign #Woodfordpayback to attract new claimants and now have over 5,000 signed up.
5. The ShareSoc Woodford Campaign now has over 500 members and is growing rapidly. About 10% of those signed up to the Leigh Day claim have also signed up to the ShareSoc Woodford Campaign.
6. The ShareSoc Woodford Forums provide the opportunity to put your point of view, ask questions, learn more and participate in a network of interested investors.
By Cliff Weight, Director ShareSoc