ShareSoc News item by Cliff Weight.
The FT on Friday 21 May asked for views from investors with money trapped in Neil Woodford’s former fund. It said:
Nearly two years on from the collapse of Neil Woodford’s flagship fund, more than 300,000 investors are still waiting to recoup their money — and FT Money would like to hear from readers affected by the fallout.
The FT asked specifically about these 6 questions.
- As the liquidation process drags on, what impact has this had on your finances?
- Will the losses sustained force you to alter your retirement plans?
- Are you tempted to throw in your lot with one of the joint claims for compensation?
- Or do you fear claims for compensation will be a waste of time?
- Perhaps you are concerned that the City watchdog has yet to publish its findings into what went wrong?
- We’d also like to hear your views on Woodford’s plans to start a Jersey-based fund management business?
ShareSoc suggest it would be a good for the FT to get a wide range of views and urges all members with money trapped in Woodford funds to contact the FT Money team, who say it will be in confidence. Please email email@example.com.