Interactive Investor

Home Forums Choosing a Stockbroker or Platform Interactive Investor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike Dennis
    Participant

Please post in this thread any information/news you may have on this broker

Amin Mohammed
      Participant

I have been with Interactive Investor since they took over the UK business that originally belonged to E*Trade and then to Toronto Dominion Bank when it traded as TD Waterhouse.

I find them reliable and like their fixed charging model. I particularly appreciate the service of holding foreign currency cash accounts, so that I can trade USD and EUR shares without perpetually paying exhorbitant FX conversion charges.

My biggest wish is that they would add YEN and direct access to the Japanese Market. Ditto South Korea and Taiwan.

Mike Dennis
        Participant

I use ii for an ISA and a trading portfolio and I do find their service reliable and cost effective with a low fixed charge – no percentage of portfolio size nonsense.
          They are also good at alerting me to corporate actions and AGMs and making voting relatively easy compared to my Hargreaves Lansdown accounts.

Cliff Weight
          Participant

I use ii for an ISA, a SIPP and a trading portfolio. So does my wife.
            I recently transferred my pension from Aviva into an ii SIPP and went through quite quickly, but I had to sell the holdings and then buy others. Buying Vanguard (Global tracker fund) through ii was cheap, 12 basis points, much cheaper than Aviva were charging me.

My wife and I find their service reliable and cost effective with a low fixed charge. I think the HL and Aj Bell charging structure (a percentage of portfolio size) is a nonsense for large portfolios. The breakeven is about £50,000.

They are also good at alerting me to corporate actions and AGMs and making voting relatively easy compared to AJ Bell where you have to send them a text and the tortuous processes I have been told about with Hargreaves Lansdown accounts.

I was also originally a TD Waterhouse client.

Ian Millard
            Participant

I agree with the points above, especially regarding the fixed fees being much better for anyone with a 6 figure portfolio. I have been with II since the TD days and generally had no problem with trading or account accuracy.

Toby Keynes
              Participant

I’ve just been migrated to ii from Share Centre.
                There was some concern that Share Centre clients who were moved across to ii would find it more difficult to vote their shares.
                So I was very pleasantly surprised to receive an email from ii on 29th January actually drawing attention to their “Voting and Information Portal”.
                I’ve been with a good number of shareholding platforms and brokers over the years, but never before has a platform or broker drawn my attention to its voting facilities.

Mark Bentley
                Keymaster

Thanks Toby,

I was surprised by the concern expressed. As mentioned by others, I think ii’s support for voting and information rights is the best of any UK platform.

Best,
                  Mark

Heather Finlay
                  Participant

I have been with ii since they took over the private investor operation of Alliance Trust. I have found them easy to use and reliable. I wondered if I would pay more than with Alliance Trust but the fee level has been satisfactory and I like being able to pay the fixed monthly fees from a bank account and not from funds in my ISA. I am now using the fee free monthly debit purchase option to build up a position in some selected funds which is a useful facility.

Mike Dennis
                    Participant

Thanks Heather. I haven’t come across the fee free monthly purchase option so thanks for pointing that out.

Rajeev Ganderkote
                      Participant

I moved my pension fund from Aviva to II initially. I love the fixed charging model and the fact that I can easily trade in so many international markets. Once I got comfortable, I moved my ISA to II from iWeb

Mark Bentley
                        Keymaster

Thanks for posting your experience, Rajeev. Any member comments are helpful to others.

Best,
                          Mark

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.