Charles Stanley Direct

Home Forums Choosing a Stockbroker or Platform Charles Stanley Direct

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Dennis
    Participant

For News and Information on Charles Stanley Direct

Toby Keynes
      Participant

I’m shocked to see that Charles Stanley Direct’s new fee structure (from 1st August) will massively increase the maximum annual platform charges for holding shares from £240 per year to £600. Plus an unchanged £504 per year if you hold a Crest Personal Membership account.
        They’re also reducing the maximum platform charges for unit trust and OEIC holdings, but this is a pretty massive increase for holders of shares.
        And as far as I’m aware I now have nowhere else to go for a Crest Personal Membership account.

Paul Greenwood
        Participant

I have discovered from their website , how the CSD loyalty program works post the change in their from August 2024 charges. Previosly if you did one trade a month, you did not get a standard platform charge for that month. So in practice I have not paid any platform charges over than the Crest addition by trading at least once per month. The wording of the loyalty program has been changed to imply no monthly platform charge if a “chareable trade” made during the month. Under the new charging structure you are given 5 trading charge credits on 1st October and again on 1st April so chargeable trades are only generated when these credits are used up. I conclude that if you made 6 trades each October and April and one trade in every other month you would not pay any monthly platform charges other than the Crest addition if applicable.

Toby Keynes
          Participant

I’ve tried to respond to this twice, and each time my response has vanished, so I’m going to skip all the detail.

There’s the Transaction Charge (Miscellaneous) of £504 per year for the Crest Personal Membership.
            There’s the Platform Charge of £60 to £600 for your investments. You can only avoid paying this if your investments are all CSD multi-asset funds.
            There’s the Trading Charges.

You get up to £60 credit against the trading charges every 6 months, but this does NOT reduce your transaction or platform charges.
            So the basic cost not including trades, if you have a substantial DIY portfolio in Crest, is £405 + £600 per year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.