Once again the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has kindly agreed to run an event specifically for UKSA and ShareSoc members. The agenda for the event is still being developed. However, it is likely to include:
- Regulatory responsibilities – the role of the FRC and the role of the FCA. What is the difference between the two? What are the objectives, responsibilities and remit of each one?
- The future of audit; what do the FRC’s inspection results show? How well are standards on ethics and conflicts policy working?
- The future of financial reporting; what do investors want and expect? What issues have Reporting Lab projects identified recently?
- The future of stewardship and corporate governance. How well are current systems and guidance working. What changes should be considered in future?
- Sir John Kingman’s Review of the FRC; this will be a summary of the terms of reference and the timetable for Sir John’s report and recommendations.
Like last year’s event, this promises to be a lively, informative and engaging afternoon. The event will be held at the FRC’s offices at 125 London Wall EC2Y 5AS starting at 2.30p.m. until 5.30p.m
To register and reserve your place at the event, please use the form below.
This will be a joint event with UKSA. There is a limit of 100 places. Associate members may register to attend, but in the event the meeting is oversubscribed, priority will be given to Full members.
Time: Meeting starts at 2.30pm
Location: FRC’s offices at 125 London Wall EC2Y 5AS