In addition to the Terms and Conditions of ShareSoc, the following additional rules apply to members of SIGnet.
- SIGnet members will discuss investment issues as a matter of course. At no point should those discussions take the form of advice or be interpreted as such. Any investing decisions made by a SIGnet member should be made on the understanding that such member takes personal responsibility for the decision.
- For SIGnet to function effectively, members must feel able to raise and challenge points freely and openly. All members agree that in doing so they will be polite and respectful towards each other and will treat all information and opinions discussed in a meeting as confidential. SIGnet expects that all members will conduct themselves in a professional manner when interacting with fellow members.
- SIGnet operates through regional and specialist groups. Each group will have a Convenor either appointed by the SIGnet Director or elected by the group.
- The Convenor has the following roles:
- To establish a framework for the running of the group and to ensure that the group functions effectively
- To organise the group’s venue and meeting dates for the year
- To provide a link between group members and the SIGnet Director
- To encourage membership of the group up to an optimum number agreed within the group
- To convey the group’s majority views to the SIGnet Director
- The Convenor decides who may participate in the group subject to compliance with the Equalities Act. The success of a group depends largely upon the blend of its members and how they interact, and on rare occasions a person may be excluded from a group.
- Appeals against the judgements of Convenors can be made to the SIGnet Director.
- The SIGnet Director reserves the right to exclude individuals or groups from SIGnet.
Joining a Group
- The SIGnet Director will facilitate the joining of group(s) as appropriate, which is subject to the approval of the Convenor and/or majority of group members and subject to payment of the subscription.
- Members may, with the approval of the relevant Convenors, join multiple groups at no extra cost.
- Subscriptions are £25 per year.
- A “no quibble guarantee” applies during the first four months of SIGnet membership. If the Member is not satisfied with their membership during that period, for any reason, they may request a refund of their first year’s subscription. Upon receipt of such a request, ShareSoc will refund the subscription paid, SIGnet membership will be terminated and the member may not attend any further SIGnet meetings or receive other benefits of SIGnet membership.
- Full members of ShareSoc are granted a discounted rate of SIGnet membership at £15p.a. Should either full membership of ShareSoc or membership of SIGnet cease, the ‘combined’ discount will also cease and any subsequent SIGnet or ShareSoc renewal will automatically revert to full price.
- Convenors are not agents for SIGnet and require permission from the SIGnet Director or a nominated deputy before committing to any SIGnet expenditure.
- Authorised expenditures must also be agreed by the Chairman of ShareSoc.
Election of the SIGnet Director
- The SIGnet Director will be nominated by the Convenors and hold office for 4 years continuing thereafter on an annual basis unless otherwise agreed by the Convenors. The appointment is subject to acceptance by ShareSoc’s board. The SIGnet Director will be required to sign the ShareSoc directors’ terms and conditions upon appointment.
Last Revised 24/03/2022