This event is now full. Any further registrants will be placed on a wait list, in case any places become available.
BHP is one of the world’s largest resources companies. The meeting will be hosted by BHP Chairman, Ken Mackenzie and will take the form of a presentation followed by Q&A and afternoon tea. THE RECENT BHP OPERATIONAL REVIEW FOR THE NINE MONTHS ENDED 31 MARCH 2019 SAID:
– Production guidance for the 2019 financial year remains unchanged for petroleum, copper, metallurgical coal and energy coal. Iron ore production guidance decreased to between 265 and 270 Mt (100% basis), reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica.
– Group copper equivalent production was broadly unchanged over the nine months ended March 2019, with volumes for the full year also expected to be in line with last year.
– Full year unit costs for Petroleum, Escondida and Queensland Coal are expected to be in line with guidance. Unit costs for Western Australia Iron Ore are now expected to be below US$15 per tonne, reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica. Unit costs for New South Wales Energy Coal are now expected to be approximately US$51 per tonne, following changes to the mine plan.
– All major projects under development are tracking to plan.
– In Petroleum, the Atlantis Phase 3 project in the US Gulf of Mexico was approved and the Bélé-1 exploration well in Trinidad and Tobago encountered hydrocarbons (drilling still in progress) during the quarter
BHP Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Mackenzie, said: “During the March 2019 quarter, we had a strong operational performance despite weather impacts across Australia and Chile. We approved Atlantis Phase 3 and now have five major projects under development. Those projects, our work on transformation, technology and culture, and our successful petroleum and copper exploration and appraisal programs will grow value and returns for years to come.”
Date / Time: Tuesday 18 June
Meeting Start:from 2.30pm to 4.00pm (visitors can register from 2.00pm)
Location: BHP, Level 13, Nova South, 160 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5LB
Attendance is limited to 31 ShareSoc members and places will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. Priority will be given to Full Members.
All you need do is complete the following form to register for this event. Non-members will be granted free Associate Membership of ShareSoc as this event is exclusive to ShareSoc Members – see Membership for more details of Membership benefits. Full Membership costs less than 90p per week if you wish to consider that as an option. In the event of excess demand, which is likely, full members will be given priority. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulty registering or have any questions on this event by using our Contact page. Or you can phone our office on 0333-200-1595.
USE THIS FORM TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
A telephone number is only requested in case of query. It can be omitted if preferred. A postal address is required but will only be used in exceptional circumstances. Communication will normally be via email.
IMPORTANT: You should receive confirmation via email of your registration within 48 hours of submitting it using the above form. If for any reason, that does not arrive, please let us know immediately by telephoning 0333-200-1595. Running order and companies presenting are subject to change so please check this web page nearer the date if you have an interest in a particular company.